Shandong University (SDU), under the direct jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, is a key comprehensive university with a long history, a variety of disciplines, formidable academic strength, and distinctive characteristics, which has a great influence both at home and abroad. SDU is a member university of Project 211 and Project 985, two national key projects to support the development of high-quality universities. The medical disciplines of SDU have enjoyed a long history with profound foundation, excellent tradition and distinctive characteristics. To fasten the development of a world-class university and discipline of health care management, and to promote the education level and international influence of the School, , we hereby recruit the dean for School of Health Care Management from home or abroad under the permission of the university administration:
I. Recruiting Position
Dean for School of Health Care Management
School website: http://www.chmp.sdu.edu.cn
II. Candidate Qualifications
1. Obey the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, have a passion for career of higher education, good personal quality, high professional ethics and team spirit;
2. Have a PhD degree in the relevant discipline, have served as a professor in a famous university or a senior researcher in a famous research institute, built profound academic foundation, and achieved high academic recognition from national and international peers;
3. Be familiar with the development of higher education, have an international academic perspective, and strong coordinative and managerial capabilities, hold innovative and strategic development plans for the School, be capable of leading the discipline to a sustainable development and world-class construction. Those who have served in managerial positions in famous universities, institutes or labs overseas will be prioritized.
4. In good health and aged no more than 50 years (55 for those who have special academic influence);
5. Be able to work full time during the employment.
III Job Responsibilities
1. Be responsible for the School’s administration, making strategic development plans and organizing the implementation of plans;
2. Make research and discipline construction plans, and actively cooperate with famous universities and research institutes overseas in order to promote the School’s academic leveland international recognition;
3. Strengthen the development of personnel and faculty team in the school and promote the overall educational and academic level of the faculty; strengthen the innovative team building by introducing and nurturing professionals;
4. Take the lead to apply for national and international projects, and publish academic articles with high-impact;
5. Promote educational reform and improve education quality in order to foster excellent graduates with international perspectives and strong professional attainments;
6. The dean will also hold the position as the director of Key Lab of Health Economics and Policy Research under National Health and Family Planning Commission, and will be in charge of the building and development of the Lab.
IV. Employment Term and Remuneration
1. The first employment term is four years with the first year as probation. When the first term ends, the contract can be extended by mutual agreement if the appraisal is qualified.
2. SDU will provide the proper remuneration based on the candidate’s academic attainments, job responsibilities, and arrival time. Job responsibilities and detailed remuneration will be carried out according to the effective contract.
V. Recruitment Process
2. Qualification verification and decide candidate for interview
3. Open interview and examination
4. Final candidate determination by SDU
5. Health examination and publicizing
6. Contract signing
VI. Application Requirements
1. Deadline: September 30, 2017
2. Required documents (PDF format):
1) Application Form (see attached);
2) One copy of ID card or passport; one copy of diploma(s); employment certificate(s); one copy of main or representative academic publications in the lastfive years;
3) Recommendation letters from three renowned people in the field.
Address: Human Resources, Cheeloo Medical College,Shandong University Baotuquan Campus, No. 44 Wenhuaxi Road, Jinan, Shandong Province, PRC, 250012
Shandong University Cheeloo Medical College